Tuesday 4 March 2014

Notes on installing node-ffi on Windows

Summary: it was a lot more trouble than I expected.

There are three main things I did to stop npm install ffi from failing after an “MSB8020” error about the v100 Platform Tools not being available:

  1. I updated npm’s bundled node-gyp, although I suspect this made no difference.
  2. I repaired my installation of Visual Studio 2013 Express to clean up from my previous attempts to install Visual Studio 2010 at the same time.
  3. I failed to install the wrong Windows 7 SDK, failed to uninstall it, succeeded in uninstalling it, and installed the right version of the Windows 7 SDK, as linked from the Mozilla Developer Network documentation about Windows SDK versions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be polite. I will delete any comments I wouldn’t want my mother to read.